Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pronounce a word, accurately.


I love my hot-pink shorts :) My husband said "it's too short! You should've thought of your age when you bought this one-"
... Geez- is there some kind of law that makes people my age penalized for shorts?? The answer is, "No". I simply ignored his opinion ;-)





Today, I learned about how important pronunciation is. I shared my embarrassing experience with Carol and my husband. I ordered ' a cup of latte' and then she gave me caramel latte :-( Even worse, I just had that one without complaint. Unfortunately, sometimes, I drank or ate something just as they gave, regardless of my order.
In my husband's case, he said to a steward ' one orange juice, please' and then he gave him cranberry juice. He just had that one without a word.

Carol brought a funny story up. She taught 'writing skills' to native speakers a few years ago. One day, her friend in that class said " I'm so sorry to tell you this, but... Don't say something inappropriate in public, please-" What she said in the class ?? Whenever Carol said " You have to focus on $%#%^^^%*&", it sounded like " You have to Fuck us$%^%$&"
This is how it happened. Not only is pronunciation important but also to pronounce accurately is way too difficult!!





8 comments:

  1. hahahaha~ we have to practics the "pronounceation". Any way, your pants is toooooooooo short~~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pants are too short, but Very Very gorgeous !!^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! :D The best thing to live in the U.S is I don't need to care about other people's judgment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right, I also would like to not care about other people's eyes. Jinah! I really miss U.
    If you are in Korea, I will seek advice to prepare wedding from U. We should have talked much before you went there.
    It seems as if it is going to rain. I hope it stays dry for my wedding day. Please, pray for me~^^
    Anyway thank you for your conglatulation and calling to me. Good bye~

    ReplyDelete
  6. 짱나 ㅋㅋ 스펠링 막 틀렸어 ㅎㅎㅎ 자판으로 영문치는게
    익숙하지 않아서 ...ㅋㅋ 프로답지 못한 모습이야
    이해해. 문법 막 틀렸어도 ㅋㅋㅋ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah-You're a professional English teacher :D Don't worry about weather-it's going to be really nice and beautiful!!, and I've heard that rain on a wedding day is thought of being lucky!

    ReplyDelete