Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day

In Korea, if national holiday falls on Sunday, only one thing people can do will be to badly feel disappointed because there is no compensation for the coincidence. Unlike Korea, in the U.S, You can save your holiday by enjoying the next day as a special holiday. I think it's really cool-If it happened to Korea, people would not be obsessed with counting holidays as soon as they get new year's calendars. Anyway, a lot of people in West Lafayette and Lafayette celebrated Independence Day with performances, parades and fireworks.


                                            
                                                     Streets full of people enjoying this big holiday.


People who wanted to stay longer to listen to music, enjoy fireworks or whatever brought their individual chair.  



Jazz Band and Citizen's Band played beautiful music. I wanted to enjoy it more but the weather sucked! I felt like I was being in a hot tub.  



People were waiting for fireworks. I was getting bored while waiting for fireworks so.....


took a picture of this guy. The comb stuck in his hair was so impressive and cute! How motionless it was!! 

 
They were, literally, frantically letting off a lot of fireworks!! They must have spent a fortune to set off  those fireworks.

The more time goes by, the more I love West Lafayette. Sometimes, I feel bored but many pros this town has outweigh the con, and of course, I just love this place without all the pros!!    



After fireworks, we felt peckish, so went to Mac. This Mac reminds me of 'latte-humiliation' incident. Not long after moving in the U.S, JH and I had to wait for his friend to complete some documents for 1 hour so we decided to eat something but when I ordered 'latte', the young guy could not understand my pronunciation, at all!! (Actually, it's totally different.)so I had to spell every single alphabet! I have many those kinds of gashes in my heart, but they're also funny :D



I believe that every single failure has its own meaning. How can we succeed if we give up after one failure? In some cases, it might take really long time to get over it but I hope it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment