Friday, July 2, 2010

Korea-Yonsei University Friendship Games

In Korea, there are three prestigious schools called SKY universities (Seoul National University, Korea University, Yonsei University) and Korea University and Yonsei University have an annual fall sports festival. This game makes all students of both universities go nuts!

Red ones are Korea University, Blue ones are Yonsei University

Most of students in each school participate in the orientation for about two weeks, to memorize songs and rhythmic movements for cheering their team on. Also, some of them stay up all night to beat the other to a punch and get really nice seats to watch sports.






Two years ago, it was the last KOYON game(Korean pronunciation) we'd enjoyed (we had to come here) and our adrenaline literally was rushing!! We had really great time and so much fun! Just one thing we lost was our senses but who cared!! Everybody went crazy!  



Did you see?? He totally looks insane-

I've learned that age does not matter when it comes to cheers! The middle-aged woman never let me take a rest! She grabbed my shoulder, shaking me and whenever I crouched catching my breath she made me stand up to keep doing rhythmic movements. OMG, PLEASE!! (It's the first and the last to see her)



Honestly, I truly respect her stamina

There is another thing! After all games finish, all students go to a place near KU or YU.(It depends on which university hosts this year's game) They enter any kinds of stores and badger owners with cute rhythmical movements and songs to get foods, beers or whatever. Mostly, owners give them what students want, and it's really cool- I think it's the most entertaining part of KOYON game.



When KU-students run into YU-students on a street they started singing, like " KU (or YU) you are so idiots~ idiots~!!" (I'm so sorry but I'm not that talented at singing.), making fun of each other. It's really really really fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you guys would have a chance to feel that excitement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment