Monday, February 21, 2011

What's your life graph?

Have you heard of the life graph program? it's really easy to operate. Put your name in the blank and push the button on the right side and wait for the result. Here's a link  "Life Graph"

I think Korean can use their name in three ways, Chinese name, Korean name and English name so it's interesting because the program provides to me different results, depending on my three names.


This is another story. The way Korean use Chinese characters is totally different from the real Chinese's way and we can't pronounce their language. However, by the old tradition, parents give their babies names in Chinese and use the Chinese names when they go to fortune telling houses but recently, many of parents make baby's names in just Korean. My dad had spent about a month for my name and I'm really thankful to my dad because my name is so easy to pronounce regardless of other's own language. Name is so important in Korea so some parents go to the "name expert" who makes some special name for babies based on "fate". There are two types of fortune tellers and it's really hard to explain in English because there are no specific words to describe them. The first type is a person who analyzes and forecasts one's future based on people's birth month, birth day, birth year, birth time. It's rather some kind of statistical ways to predict one's fate because "they" deeply study how these 4 ways (birthday etc) represent each person's life based on tons of information accumulated for more than 1000years. Second type is a person who claims that they can see God and the god tells one's future. When I had an English tutor last year, she was really interested in those concepts because she had never heard of that and I was quite impressed in her reaction. I think  those things were super new to her.


This is my life graph.
I know this is just for fun but it definitely makes me flattered :)

No comments:

Post a Comment