Saturday, January 8, 2011

@ Heisei

It's divided into two parts. You can choose either 'floor' or 'table'

You can put your legs under a table when you're on the floor so you don't need to get a charley horse.


I lost nerve so wouldn't take a picture of him again in spite of this blurry picture. He looks so scary.




Ocean rolls. It was better than I expected or it's just because of my minimum expectation?



Zaru-soba.
Yummy Yummy : )



 Many Korean usually become crazier when it comes to Japan because of our history. Japan once occupied Korea about 100 years ago and a lot of Korean fought against Japanese imperialism. Since I started to go to school, I've learned how they treated our patriots and innocent people during that period and it’s really awful.


Have you heard about Unit 731? If you google it, you can find it easily. I think they were really crazy in a super crazy way. I saw several pictures that they performed some gross experiments on living bodies and extracted organs from people who were still alive and so on. I wondered were they really human being?


Sometimes, I get so angry whenever they insist that Dokdo is their territory or they call East Sea the sea of Japan. When international society held 'International Hydrographic Organization' convention to set hydrographic standards Korea could not participate in the meeting because we were occupied by Japan at that point so it's set to be the sea of Japan even though we had been the owner of the sea for 2000years. Anyway, I feel like my stomach is being twisted. I have to stop talking about this.

However, I have something to love in Japan. It's their unique culture and Mangas. Two years ago, I went to Japan to take GRE and stayed for 10 days. In fact, I was not prepared for traveling in Japan before going there since I had to prepare for the exam so there's no enough time to search. I want to wear their traditional clothes called 'kimono' and go to a thermal spring which is famous for monkeys coming down to the spring because it's surrounded by nature. It sounds really interesting. When it comes to Japan, I'm so torn between love and displeasure.

Why do I love Japan's traditional culture? I'm so sure that's because I've fallen in love with 'mangas' for..hum.. 21years. It's so long time. When I saw this kind of scene,
 

Is this real?? I've wanted to see monkeys in a hot spring with my own eyes!! ...Or


If I went to a traditional hotel, they really would welcome me like this??
I like those hands.

I've seen this kind of scenes a lot so I always wonder do they really greet all guests like this? Of course, what I want to see is not 'people' or men. If so, I would feel so uncomfortable.
Today's post starts with the Japanese restaurant and is finished with mangas;; Yeah- I'm so crazy about Manga.

2 comments:

  1. I like Japanese food but it's so expensive!! Anyway, when we were in Japan, we should've eaten lots of Janpanes food. Someday, we might go to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely will go to Japan, again! And I'll walk down a street wearing 'Kimono' (I've heard that there's kind of some special 'set' for this) and go to a hot spring to see monkeys enjoy it! In addition, I want to see their special manner for guests with my own eyes. It's not enough to see those things in papers.

    I think it's because we don't have fresh fish enough to make sushi or something and the taste is not good enough;; It's too bad.

    ReplyDelete